Turn your garden waste and kitchen leftovers into rich compost fast with the new and improved HOTBIN 200 litre composter.
Made from 50mm thick expanded polypropylene, the HOTBIN 200’s innovative and award-winning hot composting technology locks in the heat generated by bacteria during the process of decomposition, allowing it to hot compost all year-round at temperatures between 40 and 60 degrees centigrade.
Voted 'Best Compost Making Product' in the Great British Growing Awards and one of Gardening World Magazine's 'Best Buy Compost Bins', the HOTBIN 200 works up to 32 times faster than traditional cold compost bins, meaning you can expect to have rich, dark and crumbly compost in as little as 30 to 90 days. Its 200-litre capacity is designed for an average 3-to-5-person household with a small or medium garden. For smaller households, we recommend the HOTBIN 200's slimline cousin, the HOTBIN Mini, which has all the features of the HOTBIN 200 but half the volume.
The HOTBIN 200 comes assembled and ready to use.
Why you'll love it:
- Lid thermometer to monitor temperature
- Airtight lid and bio-filter to reduce smells and associated attraction of vermin and flies
- Aeration valve plate to moderate temperature
- 50mm thick insulating walls to retain the heat
- Aeration base plate to disperse air within the bin
- Removable front hatch to extract new compost
- Two cam straps (to retain airtight door)
- "How to" user guide
- 25L Bag of Bulking Agent: partially composted wood chip
- Extra thermometer to track the hotbin's internal temperature
- 'Kick Start Heater' (to keep hotbin working in winter)
- Raking stick
- 3-year manufacturer's guarantee for the hotbin unit only (this excludes damage caused by wildlife and undue care)
- 12-month guarantee for the thermometers, kick start bottle, cam straps, rake and filter bag
- FREE composting support online
Size: 115 x 55 x 55cm (45x22x22 inches)
Capacity: Approx. 200 litres
Weight: 8kg (unboxed)